First Grade Rocks! {A Pop Rocks Treat for Open House}

Sunday, July 7, 2013
I decided to make a little treat for open house - just to let my new students know how much FIRST GRADE ROCKS!!!


I made little slip on wrappers to go around packs of Pop Rocks.  You can get Pop Rocks at The Dollar Tree.  They come in a pack of 3 for $1.  I used scrapbook paper for the wrap around band (see bad phone picture below) and designed the label below to stick on top.  


 I've included a copy of the label below if you'd like to use it (I left my name off for you :)  Click on the photo below to go to Google Docs to get it.  It is a JPEG that you can size to the size you want.  I made mine pretty small to fit the band.


I found an easy science experiment to do the first week of school with Pop Rocks too.  I am going to tell the students that eating the Pop Rocks are "homework" because we will use them in a science experiment the first week of school (to introduce the Scientific Method).  They are "homework" because I want them to be familiar with Pop Rocks before we do the experiment!  Here's the experiment:



9 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I already put them into Word and used the label wizard!!! If you want the link to the file I can send ya' the DropBox link.

      Brenda
      You Might Be a First Grader….

      Delete
    2. Awesome! That would be great if you could send the link!! :)

      Delete
    3. I made them to be printed on Avery 8160 labels. It is in .pdf form. Here's the link: First Grade Rocks Labels

      Brenda
      You Might Be a First Grader….

      Delete
  2. Love it! Any chance to get a second grade one? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness! You guys get to have so much fun in first grade! :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyway possible, I would love to have a second grade label. And thanks so much for the experiment, the class will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I will be using these in my back to school bags!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete