Sunday, February 24, 2013

My New Favorite Book

I decided I wanted some new books to read to the class so I submitted a Scholastic Order in February (from the Firefly flier).  I ordered about 8-10 books and read a couple each day last week.  I hadn't read the books before I read them to the class so we all got to hear them together for the first time.  One of the books was Penguin and Pinecone.  I fell in love with this book!!!!   It is just the cutest story ever!

I brought it home and read it to my 12 year old.  We both cried - it is that good!!!  It's not sad, it is just so darn SWEET!!!!


Have you seen this book?  It is a must have!  I am going to order more copies to give as gifts.

5 comments:

  1. I love new book recommendations - thanks for this one!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might want to know....Penguin has his own blog!

    http://www.penguinandpinecone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding out about new books. I have to get this one. Thank you for sharing your new find.

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this one in a grant and honestly I had no clue what it was about but it looked so I had to have it. I was so happy I decided to get it it because it was absolutely adorable and my kids loved it! I love good finds like that :)
    Maribel
    Learning In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new books! I have never seen this book in bookstores. You can definitely send one to me as a gift my kids would love it. Thank you again for the cute new book recommendation. I look forward to finding this treasure.

    Online PhD UK Funding by Annie

    ReplyDelete