Marzano Kid-Friendly Scales!

Saturday, August 30, 2014

I've just uploaded a new kit to Teachers Pay Teachers.  Marzano {Kid-Friendly} Rating Scales.  This bright 14-page kit includes 2 separate sets of scales to display in your classroom. One set has a four-point scale (4, 3, 2, and 1). The second set has a five-point scale (4, 3, 2, 1, and 0). 
Choose the set that fits the requirements of your school or the needs of your class. 

You can display the scale on your wall, bulletin board, whiteboard, etc. I post mine right on my whiteboard because we use them so often. The scales are kid-friendly and use hand symbols to represent the numbers on the scale.

This kit is also available in Primary Colors:

Individual student scales are also included in this kit! These work great with clothes pins or other clips. 


4-point Individual Scale

5-Point Individual Scale

These are GREAT for OBSERVATIONS to show reflecting on learning! These personal scales are the perfect size to keep at a student’s desk or table. The individual student scales are printed 4 to a page. Print, cut, and laminate enough scales so that each student will have one. When students are asked to measure or reflect on learning, they will clip the clothes pin to their number. There are times when I ask students to show me their number quickly by holding up their actual hand in class. However, there are times when I want students to keep working or remain silent so I will have them use this scale. It is also gives students a way to show me their number privately, without the rest of the class knowing. I have found students are more likely to give an honest answer this way.

1 comment

  1. Really nice work Cindy. That's the way we should deal with children !!!

    ReplyDelete