Office Redo - Finally Finished!!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
I have been working hard the past week and I am finally finished!!!!  I painted and spruced up my office/craftroom.  I've been wanting to paint it for a long time and finally did it.  Did I tell you how much I love summer break???!!!  It's so nice to have the time to take things like this on!

I took a lot of photos:


I love the color!  When I started painting I was worried the color was too dark, but I starting really liking it after I got more on the walls.

I use this room for my office and my craftroom.  I have an L-shaped desk (counter). The computer side is where I do more of my "office" things and the other side is where I do more crafting.  I just wheel my chair over to whichever side I want to use.


This is my "cutting area".  I have my Cricut machine and laminators in the cabinets.  I just pull them out and use this counter when I use them.  I also have my paper cutter on this counter.  When I laminiate stuff for school, I do it on this counter and have my paper cutter right there to cut things up after they are laminated (center activities...and all the stuff I buy on TPT :).  I am tall and I LOVE having my tall table (it's a pub table) right next to this area when I am standing here laminating and cutting. I stand at this table to put everything together and it is the perfect height for me.  I used to have two bar stools with backs on them at the table but the chairs always got in the way so I got a stool that I can keep under the table and out of the way when I don't want to sit.



I got the cart/shelving in the back at Sams Club a few years ago.  I keep craft stuff here.  I also have a very large walk-in closet (where that door leads) with shelving for more craft stuff and school supplies.  I used to be on several scrapbook design teams and probably have enough craft supplies to open a store.  



A few more photos....





Another photo of the cart from Sams.



I picked up this bookcase from Target along with a lot of these chevron storage boxes.   I used to have a big cabinet here but like this open storage better.  (More craft stuff in the boxes on top of the bookcase). 

Now, on to my next project......decluttering my bedroom (I'm a little scared of my closet....it is amazing how much stuff you can put in a closet!).

Do you have any fun home projects going on this summer?

22 comments

  1. I love the colors and everything about it!!! I need an office like that!

    Linda
    Down The Learning Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room! This is my dream work space. So sunny and bright. Thank you so much for sharing!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. You have given me some inspiration to get mine done.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love IT!!!! It is inspiring me to create a space at home - it would sure be nice to have it at home, instead of trying to accomplish some of those tasks in my classroom. Thanks for sharing!
    Patsi K in MN
    www.abc123kindergarten.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your office looks like it belongs in a magazine! I'd never be able to keep mine this clean and neat looking. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This space is great! Do you mind sharing where your desk and rug are from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The desk is a mix: countertops from Lowes and I used pieces under to hold up the countertops - a metal shelving unit from Target that my computer is on and next to that is a drawer unit from Ikea. I have scrapbook cubes in the corner and other side holding it up. I got those at Target a few years ago but Michaels sells them now. I got the rug at Target - http://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-floral-rug/-/A-14000245 .

      Delete
  7. I just love your room and the color is amazing!! Certainly inspiring!! Can't wait until Target opens here in Canada!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dropped by to check out your blog and I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger award! Your room is awesome! I just posted pictures of my office/craft space a couple days ago on my new blog! Drop by and check it out and be sure to pick up your award! www.keepcalmandimagine.blogspot.com Don't forget the rules:) ~Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is my favorite color :) I want that rug RIGHT now! Great job on your room!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!!! I just painted my kids playroom the same color and use the Cevron striped baskets from Target too!! I love the bright color!! So fun!! We also tried to paint a Chevron stripped border to match the baskets!! It was a lot of measuring and hard work!! We are still not finished!! I am not sold on the Chevron stripped boarder?? It kind of looks like a Charlie Brown stipe to me!! Thank goodness we can paint over it if we decide we really don't like it!! Thanks for Sharing!! Your room looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beyond fabulous, your room is just incredibly gorgeous.I ♥ it! It's bright yet so serene. I would love to craft in there all day long. Well done! It wasn't fun, but I did paint my kitchen cabinets this year, I think next year I'll go with a color. By then, the memory of painting them and that difficulty will have faded. :)

    Your newest follower,
    Catherine
    Kinder Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm nominating you for the Lovely Blog Award. Come by and check it out.


    Sharon
    Dogdaysofkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. It looks like something you'd only find on Pinterest or in a Martha Stewart crafty magazine. I love the walls.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you post a tutorial on how to create this wonderful office? I want to create one for my son's room. He needs a L shaped desk with storage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you tell me the color and brand of paint you used? It's such a beautiful color want to use it for my kids room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I cannot! It has been awhile and I no longer have the can to know what brand. It was also a custom color. I took a swatch in and had them custom mix the color for me at Lowes.

      Delete
  16. I just ran across this. It is just so cute and bright! You gave me a lot of ideas for my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete